I’ve kept a personal blog for over twelve years (hey! I have a lot to say!) and found this entry from 2011 and thought I’d share it.
(BTW, “Duty” is what I call my husband since he’s all about it)
For reals: OMFG, y’all
So, let’s recap, shall we:
1. I have sincere conversation with Duty about a timeline for my leaving pain in the ass day job. He says “$6000 in the bank and a possible part time job and then I might feel okay about it.”
1a. I haz a sad about it because I cannot stand day job any more.
2. Vow that no one shall stand in the way of what I want. Choose $3000/empowerment for manifesting amount and words, mindful that this is double what I had last month but what the hell, right? I can stand a bit of chaos.
2a. Universe laughs. And the
thunder chaos rolls.
3. Forced to take on 3x the amount of responsibility at work. Whole office is in uproar as the departure of one person has created a tear in the time-space continuum and all goes to hell on board the USS Enterprise.
4. At night, brain too fried to create classes as planned. Whole month’s income goes down the toilet as I barely make $1000.
5. Begin to make peace with the fact that $3000 and an “I will show all of you not to get in my way” attitude does not an abundant month make.
6. Work diligently at creating a more peaceful space and let go of the urgency to leave that damn job NOW.
7. Take a class on energy and family dynamics wherein I am told that a big part of my work now is to forgive myself for all that I have done or not done and to move on from that place. Truly forgive from a heartful place of compassion.
8. Take 2nd glass of wine, sit out under the stars and cry into a place of self-forgiveness for all manner of stupid shit in life.
9. Begin again to feel at peace with the flow of things.
10. Damn near crap my pants as $6000 falls into my lap out of nowhere. (I am so not kidding. It really did.)
11. Listen to Duty nearly crap his pants as I point out to him that he said if I had $6000 in the bank, I could quit day job. Know that he’s going to rain on my parade with this somehow but hope he gets that this is a gift from the Universe delivered through a specific channel. He both rains and gets.
12. Remind him that he told me last summer “I’m not sure I totally understand all this stuff you do but I have to say that weird things do happen around you that I can’t explain.”
13. Mention that I am not planning on leaving job tomorrow (or even in a month) but September is what I’m shooting for. Hear him heave a sigh of relief.
14. Laugh to myself about how the Universe and my Angels always, always amaze me.
15. Dance around house
16. Empowerment came through after all, yo!