The short answer: Don’t. Not that they’re evil or bad or anything remotely like that. But you are allowing another entity to drain you of your precious energy and if you’re living here on planet Earth (and let’s just assume you are!), you will need all your own energy.
The long answer: Yeah, don’t hang out with them.
Let’s talk first about what astral entities are so if you’re new to this topic, you’ll be on the same page.
I’ve blogged about them before but as a refresher, astral entities are energetic pieces of a deceased’s astral body. For whatever reason, those parts have not made the transition from the Earth plane and sustain themselves by glomming onto the life force energy of other humans.
Again, let me stress that there’s no possession or evil intent on the part of those energetic pieces. They are just not ready to leave here.
Those who shine big lights out into the Universe (most if not all Lightworkers) are welcoming beacons for these energies precisely because our lights are so bright. And if you don’t take care of pulling in your energetic boundaries, you could be the unwelcome recipient of a visit by them!
They also like to visit those who may not be sending out big lights but who have holes in their auric field, allowing bits of their energy to peek out. I’ve learned that those who are addicted to alcohol, drugs and other lower-vibrational activities offer an especially rich environment for these entities. They feed off the energies of shame, rage, compulsion, fear and self-pity (among others).
Now, onto why you might not want them hanging out with you.
As I mentioned above, they feed off your energy. That’s how they exist. It’s also how YOU exist. You don’t need to be providing energetic sustenance to anyone but yourself, right?
Here are a few examples of how hosting these energies takes away from your daily life:
1) Are you experiencing intense cravings for junk food, sugar, drugs, sex, etc? That might be a result of having an entity (or multiple ones) in your energy field. Especially if this craving is new or hits you out of the blue.
2) Ever feel “not like yourself”? I have that happen every once in a while where I’m bored inside and nothing makes me happy or brings joy. Like that Bruce Springsteen song “Dancing in the Dark”, you just get “tired and bored with (your)self” – that’s when I know I need a nice clearing of my aura.
3) Violent thought forms (this is, obviously, on the extreme side of the scale) – if you are feeling especially hateful toward others or find yourself driving aggressively when you usually don’t, it’s definitely an indication that something is going on. It could very well be that you’ve got some energies skulking around who are causing some of this.
These are just a few examples of how you can be affected by these energies. There are lots more all up and down the continuum. I’ve heard it said that a good deal of what looks like mental illness is caused by extreme forms of astral entity possession and I would not be surprised to find out the truth of that.
What you can do to avoid hosting these lovely little critters
It’s so important to have good energetic boundaries. So, so important. And especially so if you are one who works with others in that arena. I was fortunate (thanks, Universe!) to find excellent teachers at the beginning of my journey who taught me habits to keep my aura in good shape. (And if you’re an empath, oh lordy! That goes double for you!!)
Here are my suggestions for hanging out your “closed for business” sign to astral entities:
* Start by consciously closing off your energy every day. Here’s a snippet of an affirmation I use (found in a book by Susan Shumsky): “I close off my aura to all but my own higher self and those beings of only the highest vibration who are with me at the choice of my soul” – note the free will piece in there – “at the choice of my soul” – you are taking conscious ownership of your energetic boundaries.
* Note any time you feel “not like you” and look back to see if you’ve been visiting a lot of bars, hospitals, nursing homes, cemeteries – these are all places astrals like to hang out. Even if you’ve not been visiting those establishments, if you’re feeling not like yourself, start doing the affirmation mentioned above several times a day. When you start routinely denying them space, no one will be knocking on your (auric) door after a short time.
* Everything is by intention so if you feel like there’s some stuff in your energy field that doesn’t belong to you, say outloud 3x “All that does not belong to me, please leave.” Call in Archangel Michael if you wish – he’s aces at removing what no longer belongs. Ask him to take what does not belong to you and transmute it with love and light and power for the highest good. He’s always at the ready to help. Take advantage of that help – he can’t intervene without you asking for it.
There’s lots of info out there on the web about astral entities and I’ve listed a few below that I find are accurate according to my experience. If you happen across information that frightens you or intimidates you, click off that page.
There’s no need to be afraid of any of this, truly.
I’ve been in this realm for over ten years and have never, ever been afraid of anything I’ve come across in personal experience. Remember, too, that fear is one of those lower vibrations that allows entities to sneak their way in, so turn away from that energy and keep moving in the direction of Light and Divine Power.
Here are some resources I recommend should you want to read more about astral entities:
Clearing lower astral entities – excellent article on how to remove them once you realize they’ve gained entry into your precious energy.
Freeing yourself from Entity Possession – don’t let the word “possession” freak you out. We’re not talking Exorcist here, K? This is a good site with lots of info on what astrals are, how they affect you and ways to help them move along.
Astral Entities and Spirits: Can they make you go insane or do crazy things: by the marvelous Anna of Psychic But Sane. Anna and I studied with the same teacher and we hold similar views on these topics. I know and respect Anna a lot and you can’t go wrong with any information she shares on a variety of topics.
Have you had an experience with an astral entity? Please share in the comments section.
And if you think you might have some hanging out with you and need some help identifying them or getting them gone for good, email me. I can help.